18 and older
Our school is licensed by the city of Chicago and State of Illinois.
NOTE: Students who signup for this class will get a FREE signed copy of European Floral Design by Tatiana Chelekhova
This is 6-day session of 2-day courses, total 48 hours. Courses can be taken all together or course by course (2-day courses). A certificate of completion is given upon taking all courses: beginners’, event design, and advanced design.
Over a short period of time, we will cover a wide range of topics - from “How to Prolong the Life of Cut Flowers” to “How to Create Master Class Floral Arrangements”. Every day you will have 8-hours workshops, working with fresh flowers.
We teach all new progressive techniques, and previous experiences do not receive credit. All students start with the
Beginners’ Course. All classes have to be taken in chronological order.
If you would like to try yourself in floral design, take our 4-hour European Bouquet class which is a part of the complete training in floral design session of courses program. You will get familiar with commercial kinds of flowers and greens at the wholesale floral market and learn how to prolong life and arrange cut flowers.
You take home all your creations. After the class, we will create for you a professional digital portfolio of your creations.Beginners’ CourseIntroductory
- Selecting quality flowers, processing cut flowers, prolonging life of cut flowers (includes one-hour field trip to a wholesale floral market)
- Modern color theory, recognizing Nature’s clues for effective color combinations and how colors affect each other
- New techniques of floral design, emerging European trends and styles of floral design
Floral Design for Special Events
- Fundamental study guide to arranging flowers.
- Spiral hand tied bouquets: round, cascading and one-sided bouquets in Biedermeier, Victorian and French garden styles.
- Arrangements in containers with floral foam: focal point techniques in Biedermeier, Victorian and French garden styles.
This 2-day, 16-hour course covers planning, organizing, managing, and designing corporate and social events. Using event props, room décor, table settings, lighting and display elements combined with art principles and creative approaches to floral design. Personal flowers for weddings. Homework (illustrated electronic files):
- Calculating the costs of flower arrangements
Conducting a wedding consultation
- Planning an event
1 – Personal (wearable) flowers
2 – Table settings
- Fantasy flower hair pieces
Ring Bearer accessories
Flower and rose petal pomanders
- Floral bracelets
- Custom made floral napkin rings, lanterns, containers
- Patterns of table settings to maximize artistic effect
- Using fruits and vegetables for floral arrangements
- Floral table runners