18 and older
Our school is licensed by the city of Chicago and State of Illinois.
This course is a part of the complete training in floral design session of courses. The 2-day, 16-hour course covers floral design theory, techniques and skills currently required for employment in the floral design industry. Successful completion of the class offers entry-level employment in floral design. We also recommend this class for all who loves arranging flowers.
You will get familiar with commercial kinds of flowers and greens during a tour at the wholesale floral market and learn how to prolong life and arrange cut flowers. You take home all your creations. After the class, we will create for you a professional digital portfolio of your creations.Introductory
- Selecting quality flowers, processing cut flowers, prolonging life of cut flowers (includes one-hour field trip to a wholesale floral market)
- Modern color theory, recognizing Nature’s clues for effective color combinations and how colors affect each other
- New techniques of floral design, emerging European trends and styles of floral design
- Fundamental study guide to arranging flowers.
- Spiral hand tied bouquets: round, cascading and one-sided bouquets in Biedermeier, Victorian and French Garden styles.
- Arrangements in containers with floral foam: focal point techniques in Biedermeier, Victorian and French Garden styles.