This program is designed around the model of Flourishing developed by Dr. Martin Seligman, founder of Positive Psychology, and enhanced with an added emphasis on physical well-being. It consists of six modules focusing on increasing Positivity, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Achievement and Vitality (PERMA-V™). Graduates integrate and enhance their personal and professional lives through their structured training in flourishing and measurably build their well-being.
In this training, you will:
- Become well versed in the theory, science and application of positive psychology.
- Learn to use this knowledge to help individuals, organizations and communities build the six pathways of flourishing: enhanced positive emotions, experiences of engagement, meaning, authentic positive relationships, accomplishment and vitality.
- Understand how positive psychology practitioners use validated measures of well-being and tested interventions to inform their work.
- Discover how to use this knowledge in flourishing to create and test new interventions.
- Join a community of dedicated change agents to collaborate with and learn from.
- Earn a certificate as a positive psychology practitioner.
Each of the program’s modules is designed to focus on 1 aspect of the model of flourishing to provide participants with the depth of knowledge, theory and research-based tools to demonstrate and share PP with othersModule 1: Positivity
In this module we focus on the role positivity plays as a pathway to flourishing. We discuss the benefits of frequent positive affect (emotions) and how they can improve your success relationships, well-being and more.
Module 2: Engagement
- The Science of Gratitude
- Mindset for Success and Happiness
- Positive Neuroscience & Evolutionary Theory
- Resilience and Optimistic Thinking
In this module we focus on the role engagement plays as a pathway to flourishing and understanding the ideal conditions that support engagement.
- Flow and Peak Performance
- Choice and Decision Making
Module 3: Relationships
In this module we focus on the role positivity plays in the development of flourishing relationships, as well as the science of how healthier relationships are formed.
- Foundation of Flourishing Relationships
- Social Networks and Contagion
- Altruism, Kindness & Volunteering
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Social-Emotional (SoMO) Leadership
- Transforming Negative Relationships
- The Love Lab
Module 4: Meaning
In this module we will study the history of inquiry on meaning, the four components of meaning, how to measure meaning within individuals, and much more.
Module 5: Achievement
- Purpose and Passion
- The Neurobiology of Spirituality
- Awe, Elevation And Transcendence
In this module we will explore the relationship between achievement and flourishing, the role of money and basic needs in developing happiness and life-satisfaction, and the shadow side of achievement and social comparison.Topics covered:
- Hope Theory
- Change Theory
- Goal Setting Theory
- Coaching Psychology
- Grit, Habit and Rituals
Module 6: Vitality
In this final module we will define just what vitality is and why it’s sometimes left out of the flourishing conversation. We’ll discuss how to define health as more than the absence of illness, how to see self-care as healthcare, plus a polarity model for health and wellness.
- Psycho-somatic & Somato-psyhcic
- Stress vs. Calm
- Bodily Alignment
- Physical Activity
- October 27 & 28: Positivity Part 1
- November 17 & 18: Positivity Part 2
- December 15 & 16: Engagement
- January 12 & 13: Relationships
- February 9 & 10: Meaning
- March 9 & 10: Achievement
- April 6 & 7: Vitality
The CAPP program includes over 240 hours of training that includes:
Materials and Resources:
- Monthly On Site weekend classes in person
- Weekly live Distance Learning classes from the comfort of your home/office
- 1 instructor as your primary teacher & mentor
- Monthly webinar with a guest researcher
- Monthly webinar interview with a practitioner
- Monthly bonus lecture with a guest teacher
- Training in our exclusive PERMA-V model
- A training course on how to create your own workshops & courses.
- Training in basic coaching skills
- Creation of your final project
- Uplifting & supportive learning environment
- Online Learning portal featuring:
- Lecture Videos
- Audio Programs
- Reading Materials
- Brief Quizzes & more
- Recordings of all materials & classes if you’re absent
Please bring writing material to take notes.
- Printed Manual: 517 pages
- PP Glossary: 36 pages
- References: 16 pages (with over 450 APA formatted citations)
- Personal login to our online learning portal featuring:
- 20+ hours of lecture videos
- 2,900+ Power Point slides
- Over 24 hours of mp3 files of CAPPirmations™
- 100+ interventions (exercises)
- Dozens of scales & measurement tools
- 1 year printed subscription to Live Happy Magazine
- Optional reading, books & articles
- Themed props
- Printed certificate
- Free membership to our Online Community Platform for networking & access to bonus content
- Opportunity to participate in Advanced Programs only offered to CAPP Students & Graduates:
- Coaching Skills Training (CST) Certification
- Flourishing Skills Group® (FSG®) Certification
- Bounce Back Better® (B³) Certification