8 and older
Make Your Own Mozzarella with Carmine Durante from Liuzzi Cheese
Making cheese requires only dexterity, precision, and a little curd courage, but often people are afraid to try it at home! For this special class, we are delighted to welcome Carmine Durante & Jeshar Zeneli from Liuzzi Cheese back to La Scuola. Carmine & Jeshar bring five generations of artisanal cheese making to us and will show you that making cheese at home is in fact “udderly” simple. Join us for this workshop as you’ll learn how to prepare 3 different fresh cheeses from scratch. In this class, guests will:
- Explore different varieties of pasta filata and whey cheeses
- Observe Carmine Durante from Liuzzi Cheese transform curds & whey into mozzarella, burrata, and ricotta – and taste each one!
- Participate in a hands-on activity in which you will make your own mozzarella
- Observe our resident Chef of La Scuola prepare 2 additional dishes using pasta filata cheeses
- Enjoy all dishes paired with complementary wines
- Learn more about wines and wine pairings with our sommelier
- Take home menus, adapted recipes and wine tasting notes
Tasting Trio of Mozzarella, Burrata & Mozzarella
Caprese Classico ( Mozzarella with Tomatoes, and Basil)
Gnocchi alla Sorrentina (Potato Gnocchi Baked with Tomatoes and Mozzarella)Wine:
2 Wines to be determined
Menu and wines are subject to slight change. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Seating is first-come first-served. All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.