8 and older
Known for its diverse palate and regional cuisine, Italy’s culinary identity can often be defined by its pasta. The combination of climate and soil influence what type of wheat is grown. Northern pasta shapes each have their own unique history.
Soft wheats tend to grow here and protein levels are lower, therefore eggs are added to the pasta dough creating pasta shapes that have their own unique history and texture. At Eataly, our chefs remind us that the pasta should "marry" the sauce: each shape has the perfect northern saucy mate made in pasta heaven.
During the evening, you'll enjoy two courses as well as a hands-on portion of the class, learning to shape different pastas of the north and of course you will be enjoying some northern pasta as well! Buon appetito!
In this class, guests will:
- Observe the Chef of La Scuola demonstrate how to create the perfect pasta dough
- Take part in a hands-on activity of shaping pastas of the north
- Explore the versatility of pasta dough and learn how to create different pastas with the same dough
- Enjoy 2 dishes paired with a complementary wine by our beverage experts
- Take home menus, adapted recipes, wine tasting notes and dough to keep practicing!
- Receive a complimentary cookbook focused on pasta
Wine:Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Seating is first-come, first-served. All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Salumi e Formaggi (Selection of Cured Meats & Artisanal Cheeses)
- 2 Courses to be determined