21 and older
Known for its diverse palate and regional cuisine, Italy’s culinary identity can often be defined by its pasta. The combination of climate and soil influence what type of wheat is grown. Southern pasta shapes each have their own unique history.
Hearty durum wheats tend to grow here, resulting in protein-rich pasta dough, eliminating the need for eggs, creating pasta shapes that have their own texture. At Eataly, our chefs remind us that the pasta should "marry" the sauce: each shape has the perfect Southern saucy mate made in pasta heaven.
During the evening, you'll enjoy two courses as well as a hands-on portion of the class, learning to shape different pastas of the south and of course you will be enjoying some southern pasta as well! Buon appetito!
In this class, guests will:
Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Seating is first-come, first-served. All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Observe the Chef of La Scuola demonstrate how to create the perfect pasta dough
- Take part in a hands-on activity of shaping pastas of the south
- Explore the versatility of pasta dough and learn how to create different pastas with the same dough
- Enjoy 2 dishes paired with a complementary wine by our beverage experts
- Take home menus, adapted recipes, wine tasting notes and dough to keep practicing!
- Receive a complimentary cookbook focused on pasta