18 and older
For thought leaders with a need to amplify their authority and expand their reach, podcasting is quickly becoming one of the best ways to communicate your ideas, your passion, and your unique insights to an engaged audience. In this interactive workshop, we will review all the aspects of launching your podcast. You'll learn the importance of well-planned launch, as well as the keys to recording a professional sounding episode. Additionally, we'll dig into the best places to market your episodes once they are live.Takeaways
Prereqs & Preparation
- Overview of podcasting landscape
- How to develop a show idea, including co-host decisions
- What tools and platforms you need to launch a show
- Best practices for reaching out to and engaging with podcast guests, including email templates
- A list of the podcast directories to submit your show to, including how to submit to the iTunes store
- Where and how to get listeners, and how to encourage those listeners to become superfans
- How to make your podcast stand out
- Ways to attract new listeners after your show has launched
- How to get advertisers for your podcast and how to incorporate those into your show
- Open to all levels.
- Bring a laptop, writing materials
- Have a plan for a show already outlined. It does not need to be definitive, but it will help to have a rough idea of what you would like your show to be about.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.