18 and older
WordPress is the premier content management system for those seeking an easy, user-friendly way to set up and maintain a website. In this class, you’ll walk through the basics of getting your site live quickly and discover various free templates as well as premium resources that require little to no coding skills and will have your site looking polished and professional. Once your site has gone live, you’ll learn how to update and maintain it using the WordPress dashboard, as well as common problems and pitfalls to avoid.
Plus you’ll find out how to customize your site to get the exact look you’re going for.
Prereqs & Preparation
- Learn the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org (self-hosted site)
- Create and update content (pages, blog entries, photos etc) in WordPress quickly and efficiently
- Discover different themes, what they are, where to get them, and how to customize them
- Master plugins, widgets and settings
- This is a beginner to intermediate course which is designed to be helpful to those who have never seen WordPress before or those who have been using WordPress but without a formal understanding of the mechanics behind it.
- Some basic knowledge of navigating websites is the only requirement.
- Bring a paper and pen or a laptop to take good notes.
- Bring good questions. This class is a broad overview with time for answers on each topic.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.