18 and older
Unlock data-driven insights with code. During our Python-focused introductory workshop, you’ll learn to harness the power of an essential programming language for data scientists and use it to drive accurate business insights.
Working with real-world examples, you’ll touch on fundamental Python programming techniques and tools and discuss Python's applications in data analysis and the types of problems it can solve.Takeaways
Prereqs & Preparation
- Discuss the history of Python and its use across different industries.
- Define how Python compares to other programming languages.
- Describe the benefits of a Python workflow when working with data.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of Python programming fundamentals.
- Apply Python code to solve a sample world data problem.
This workshop is designed for anyone interested in learning Python. No prior experience or knowledge is required.What to bring to class:
Note on installing Anaconda: Scroll to your operating system version and click on the install button for Anaconda with Python 3.6. We'll be using Python version 3.6 in this workshop. If you are using a PC, please install the git for Windows terminal beforehand.
- All students must bring their own laptop.
- Please also install Anaconda prior to class.
- You may also want to install a text editor like Sublime Text 3 or Atom.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.