18 and older
This course familiarizes the participant with Microsoft Power Query, a revolutionary data tool for Excel that allows you to intuitively discover and automate the import, transformation, and combination of data across a variety of data sources for use in Excel and Microsoft Power BI.
Power Query is a free add-in for Excel that enhances the self-service Business Intelligence experience in Excel. The course uses Excel 2016, however Power Query works with Excel 2010 and above.Students Will Learn:
- Connecting to Databases
- Introduction to Power Query
- Loading Your Data
- Performing Merges
- Power Query Language "M"
- Working with CSV, Text and Excel
- Understand the revolutionary changes in Power Query and the ease it provides for Excel pros.
- Successfully navigate the Power Query interface.
- Understand and properly configure data types.
- Understand and perform importing data.
- Understand and perform transforming data.
- Understand and perform loading data.
- Understand and utilize ranges in Excel.
- Understand and handle special situations.
- Understand and perform appending operations.
- Understand and utilize working with folders and files.
- Understand and perform combining worksheets.
- Understand and utilize PivotTables.
- Understand working with relational data.
- Understand and perform importing from SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional.
- Understand and perform importing from SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular.
- Understand the issues encountered when performing merges.
- Understand and utilize merges.
- Understand and utilize loading into Excel.
- Understand and utilize loading into Power Pivot.
- Understand and utilize loading to Power BI Desktop.
- Understand and utilize the data sources available.
- Understand and utilize grouping.
- Understand and utilize summarizing.
- Understand the M interface.
- Understand Power Query formulas.
The student should be familiar with Excel and the concepts of datasets and basic reporting, including the use of PivotTables.Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.Registration Note:
We can only accept students into our classes whose tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Self-paying individuals cannot enroll.
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.