18 and older
Google Analytics for Beginners: Key Concepts and Quick Wins
Google Analytics is a free tool used by over half of websites today that empowers organizations to measure what people are doing on their website or app. In this class, you’ll learn the basics of how to use Google Analytics to get real insights into your website’s visitors, their behavior and any patterns and trends.
Start identifying what data matters most to your business, understand what Google Analytics is good at measuring and the role it should play in informing your decisions to create a remarkable customer experience.Takeaways
- What Google Analytics is measuring and how it works
- Navigating Google Analytics and finding find insight in the default reports
- How to install Google Analytics on your website
- Basics of configuring Google Analytics for more accurate data
- Important terminology and what different numbers really mean
- Setting up goals and conversions in your reports
Bring a laptop to class. If you have Google Analytics on your website or app, you can use your own Google Analytics account to learn in class. If you have access to your company’s account but are not an Admin User, you may want to also use the Demo Account so you can learn about all the features.
If you do not have a Google Analytics account yet, you can use the Google Analytics Demo Account.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Create a Google Account https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en - this can be with your Gmail address or another email address.
- Create a Google Analytics Account https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/?authuser=0#provision/SignUp/
- Add the Demo Account to your Account https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6367342?hl=en – click the Access Demo Account link and agree to Google’s T&Cs and the account will be added to your Google Analytics Account
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.