Lower East Side Gallery Tour

at New York Gallery Tours - Lower East Side

(20)
Course Details
Price:
$25 (per person) 20 seats left
Start Date:

Sat, Dec 22, 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Location:
Lower East Side, Manhattan
195 Chrystie St
Btwn Stanton & Rivington Streets
New York, New York 10002
(Map)
Share:
Purchase Options
No Booking Fees Book Now Save to WishList

47 people saved this class

Give as a Gift
Description
Class Level: All levels
Age Requirements: All ages
Average Class Size: 30
Teacher: Rafael Risemberg

What you'll learn in this art tour class:

The Lower East Side is the most exciting, most rapidly growing art neighborhood in the city, with over 150 galleries and counting, featuring the freshest artists and youngest gallery owners. Our director visits all the current exhibits prior to the tour and selects the 7 most extraordinary for you to see. You'll get an explanation of the artwork and have the opportunity for lively discussion. 

Be sure to arrive early or on time, so that the tour doesn’t leave without you. All sales are final, and tickets are valid only for the date for which it was purchased. 

Tours take place regardless of the weather, as the art is all indoors.

Still have questions? Ask the community.

Refund Policy
No refunds or exchanges.

Map

Google Map

New York Gallery Tours

All classes at this location

Start Dates (1)
Start Date Time Teacher # Sessions Price
1:00pm - 3:00pm Rafael Risemberg 1 $25

Benefits of Booking Through CourseHorse

Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
This class will earn you 250 points. Points give you money off your next class!
Questions about this class?
Get help now from a knowledge expert!
Questions & Answers (1)

Get quick answers from CourseHorse and past students.

Question from Lora S.
Hi, I can't walk fast due to a disability. How fast are you going to be walking?
Answer from Brenda L. CourseHorse StaffCourseHorse Staff
Hi Lora! Here's what Rafael Risemberg said: On our Lower East Side gallery tour Sat. June 23 at 1:00 PM, we'll be indoors 90% of the time in the galleries, and walking between galleries the other 10% of the time. We won't be walking "fast" between galleries, due to the fact that there are always some elderly people on the tour. Also, at the beginning of the tour I give everyone an itinerary in writing with the addresses of each gallery, in the order, we'll be visiting them.
Answer from Brenda L. CourseHorse StaffCourseHorse Staff
If the student walks about as fast as elderly people, then he or she won't miss a thing. If they walk significantly slower than elderly people, what may happen is that sometimes when we arrive at a gallery and almost everyone is there, I will begin talking about the artwork before that last person gets there, then when they arrive they'll still get the majority of the information and conversation And they'll see ALL of the art, regardless of how slowly they walk.
Show all 2 answers
Answer
Cancel

Reviews of Classes at New York Gallery Tours (20)

(20 Reviews)
Lower East Side Gallery Tour
Reviewed by Devon D. on 4/22/2018
The tour guide was engaging, knowledgeable, and took us to look at thought-provoking pieces at some galleries I’d never heard of or passed but did not realize these spaces housed galleries. The Lower East Side is such an incredible place for art and I’m glad I got exposed to more of it.
Lower East Side Gallery Tour
Reviewed by yoav c. on 12/24/2017
Lower East Side Gallery Tour
Reviewed by ella s. on 12/24/2017
Lower East Side Gallery Tour
Reviewed by Cristina M. on 1/22/2017
Lower East Side Gallery Tour
Reviewed by Kimberly P. on 6/19/2016
loading...
Similar Classes

School: New York Gallery Tours

New York Gallery Tours

New York City is the world’s center for contemporary art, with over 600 galleries, and New York Gallery Tours has been leading tours for over 13 years.

For our daytime tours we select the most extraordinary cutting-edge art exhibits, and on our evening tours we visit festive gallery openings that have...

Read more about New York Gallery Tours

CourseHorse Approved

This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.

Ready to take this class?
BOOK NOW
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.