18 and older
Creative producers are managing almost every aspect of a film's production. Even before the director starts shooting, a producer is involved in creating a realistic film plan and a budget. Once a film plan is made, the producer will keep overseeing the project from hiring crew and cast to the release of the film and beyond.
In this class, participants are introduced to all facets of the film producer's role along with the specific job functions that are required to effectively and efficiently complete a production. Our instructor, Kishori Rajan (American Fable, Random Acts of Flyness), will go through the process of producing a film from start to finish.Development
– Learn about the different tasks a producer needs complete to be fully prepared for shooting. Financing
– What is expected of a producer when looking for funding for a project?Physical Production
– We'll take a look at the production team that manages the shoot, and what a creative producer's role is in the day-to-day life on the film set. What kind of different types of producers are there.Post Production
– What should a filmmaker expect from a producer during this stage? We'll discuss the notes process, feedback screenings, and a producer's contribution during this important stage.Festival, Sale, and Release
– A producer's job does not stop at picture lock. We'll look at the producer's involvement in festival strategy, sales, and ultimately to the release of the film and its life once released.What You Will Learn
- Get an understanding what it takes to be a creative producer on an independent film.
- An opportunity to ask an experienced producer your burning questions in an informal setting.
- Get an overview of all the steps you have to take to produce a film.