18 and older
In the US, public speaking is feared more than death. The reality is we all have to do it – at work, while networking, and in our personal lives – and there is a difference between doing it and doing it well. So how do we get over it? We improvise!
Improv is rooted in communication – listening, responding, focus, attention, flexibility – all of these skills are flexed in good improv. And we all need it! Flexibility and the ability to “roll with it” when communicating are skills that can be taught, and is essential in public speaking.
But maybe you just want to work on your communication skills. Maybe you’ve always been curious about improv. Maybe you just want a fun night of class. Improv helps you improve in all areas of your life and the worst that happens is you will spend a night laughing a lot with a fun group of people. What you'll learn
Who this class is for
- How improv connects to our everyday life.
- The start of a greater self awareness in conversation and presentation skills
- The beginnings of how to be more flexible, present, focused and attentive
- Professionals, entrepreneurs, creatives, and communications strategists/marketers who want to work on their communication skills in a fun way
- Professionals who want an increase in creativity and flexibility
Doors open at 6:30 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp.
If you’re late, you may not be able to join a group when we start. Refunds will not be provided to those who are late and cannot participateThis workshop is highly interactive so in addition to learning new skills and strategies, you will also have an opportunity to network with inspiring, like-minded people.